say hello, wave goodbye

Monday, February 07, 2005

The commercials sucked

Okay - so it's obviously been a while since I've done this, but I've been inspired to start this up again. Yesterday was the Superbowl (I won the pool for closest guess of the score - woo hoo). I normally thrive on the commercials from the Superbowl - but this year sucked. In years past we have been graced with the Budweiser frogs (and other reptiles), the infamous Mac commercial from the early 80's, and many other attempts at selling a product without actually showing the product in the commercial. This year however, I was painfully disappointed. With the exception of FedEx/Kinko's self-reflective commentary on the Superbowl commercial industry, the Ameriquest commercials were some of the funniest of the evening. I was dissapointed with the overall showing from the beer companies, shocked and disturbed by the Degree commercial, and frustrated with the sizeable number of repeat movie commercials that we've all seen before (if you're gonna pay that much money for 30 seconds - come up with something new). Whew!!! What a relief to have that off my chest. So - any thoughts on Superbowl commercials past or present - or the game?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home