say hello, wave goodbye

Friday, February 25, 2005

Ben and Jerry


Ben and Jerry
Originally uploaded by jesusluvsjessie.
I was browsing around on the CNN website about the happenings in Darfur when I found this picture with the caption, "The founders of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Jerry Greenfield, left, and Ben Cohen, protest in front of Sudan's embassy on July 29 in Washington. Protesters urged an international effort to rein in the Arab militias killing black Africans in Sudan's Darfur region. Cohen and Greenfield were later arrested on the steps of the embassy." Now I have always liked Ben and Jerry (for the ice cream and all), but now I respect them for 1) being aware of the happenings outside of their little corner of the world (which we are all too often guilty of) and 2) being willing to risk reputation for something they care about.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Hey Jessica-
    OK I met you the other day in the Bean Sprout with Chad, and after you left I totally realized who you were. Did you go to Honor Symposium? There's some people from honor symposium that I just never caught back up with once I came to Harding. I may be totally wrong. If you did, were you the girl that wanted to be a journalist and do yearbook stuff? I may have you mixed up with someone else but I remember having a conversation with someone about that. Also it hit me that YOU'RE Jessica Mosley, one of my friends Josh Johnson, told me that you interned for his friend and that you were coming here. I totally recognized your name but I couldn't picture you. Anyways, OK I LOVE it that you totally know who I'm talking about! And I apologize if any of those people you may be friends with or anything and I just totally made fun of them. I have others descriptions that I'm sure you pick out too, but I probably shouldn't reveal that through blogging. Thanks for playing my Guess Who? Game! Have a GREAT day!
    Lindsey

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Jessica-
    It was Trey Talley, he's really good friends with Josh Johnson. Do you know who Josh Johnson is? He was in Delta Chi, anyways he said that he met you this past summer through Trey. Yay, I'm surprised I was able to remember that stuff about you, my brain kicks in every once in a while!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home