say hello, wave goodbye

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

searchin'

I'm a dork. I know this and am okay with the fact. My dorkiness led me to participate in an online endevour thar some of you may have heard of called the Da Vinci Code Quest on Google. I like puzzles and I loved the Da Vinci code, so this was a little piece of perfection. For those of you who don't know how the game works, there were 24 daily puzzles that asked questions about different stuff. The first 10,000 to complete all 24 daily puzzles were to recieve an email and a cryptex replica from the movie. Well yesterday was the day for the email - and I didn't get one all day.

I did, however, receive a mysterious package delivered to the church building. When I opened it - it was a cryptex - SWEET! I hadn't gotten an email, so I was a little confused, but when I got to Leann's I decided to open the cryptex.

Let down #1 - the code to the cryptex was on the bottom of the box - not that challenging if you can read.

Once I opened the cryptex, there was a note inside that said I had proven myself worthy and that I needed to go this website. So I did, but I got a fun note that said I should come back later.

Let down #2 - i can't access the final stage of the game until Friday.

Last night when I got home, I had an email from Google congratulating me on being a finalist and telling me that I would be recieving my cryptex in the mail shortly. I think they got the stages of delivery a little mixed up on that one.

Let down #3 - the website inside the cryptex was also linked on the email, so the cryptex served no actual purpose in the game...bummer.

So, there's my post on the Da Vinci Code Quest. Hopefully I'll win a trip to Europe and have a whole lot more to blog about.

Speaking of Europe, my friend Adam is in Dublin for a couple of days and is blogging about his endevours in both tourism and food - you should check it out.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home