say hello, wave goodbye

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

we are the champions

"When two hearts race, both win." - This was the message that I found staring at me from my dove chocolate wrapper during our poker game on Friday night. Hannah and I immediately burst into fits of hysterical laughter.
It just invokes a rather funny mental image. Picture two hearts, not the lovey-dovey valentine kind, but the kind with valves and chambers and stuff, both of which are decked out in 80's workout gear, complete with too-short shorts, sweatbands, and leg-warmers (if hearts like this had legs, of course). They are racing down the beach and in the background the Chariots of Fire theme song is wafting through the air. They both stumble across the finish line and immediately collapse from lack of oxygen, seeing as how they are unattached from the lungs and can't properly function without them. What an inspiring mental image. It's not exactly the humor that the writers at dove had in mind I’m sure, but when you write something as cheesy as that - mocking must immediately ensue.

On a slightly different note: Those of you who are expecting a seriously funny post about a certain guy who has been known to sport a mustache circa-1979 Magnum P.I. will have to wait at least one more week. He is going to the event tonight - but I've been replaced as the ever-mocking life coach. It is my personal mission to find out the identity of this new character in this comedy of epic proportions, so I am offering the following: a Best Buy giftcard to whoever discovers the new person's identity and lets me know so that i can restore order to this new found state of chaos.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    What!?! There's a mystery person in the picture!!! Must send feelers out into the network! Stat!

    I always pictured the hearts holding hands as they ran down the beach. (I too had the Chariots of Fire montage in my head.) [Pause as tear-inducing laughter ensues.] Oh that image gets me every time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home