say hello, wave goodbye

Monday, May 02, 2005

Elvis has left the building...

The Grizzlies second play-off run is officially over. We were swept by the Suns in the first round. But if you look at the bright side - we made it to the playoffs two years in a row. I'm sad to see the season of greats like Shane Battier come to an end, but now I get to pick another team to cheer for (I'm taking suggestions) and focus on my impending move to the D.C. area. For anyone who is unaware - I just got back from Fairfax about a week ago, and have officially accepted the job. I move mid-June, but will leave Abilene at the end of May. I'm excited about new opportunities (and getting a new car), but I'm sad/scared to leave the people I love (and getting rid of the ghetto fab). My very best friends live here in Abilene, and I guess i'm just not ready to grow up and leave them - but it's not time to have that conversation yet because I still have a month and I hate good-byes. For now, I will study for finals, watch basketball, and pick out paint colors for my new office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home