say hello, wave goodbye

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

yes, i watch cspan

Okay, so I watch CSPAN and on occassion BookTV. I have a growing number of stickie notes on my desktop of books that i have seen on tv and are on my reading list for the summer. Here are the two that I am most excited about.

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris. From what I gather, he is claiming that religious tolerance breeds terrorism and in an age where we have attained such enlightenment we should move beyond religious faith.

The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century by Thomas L Friedman. I don't know what to say about this one, other than he is commenting on the connectedness of today's world.

So, there is the start of my reading list for the summer, which will also include a re-read of some classics like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I'm taking suggestions for summer reading, so if you've read anything good lately (besides the book of mormon) let me know.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home