say hello, wave goodbye

Monday, October 17, 2005

green acres is the place to be


Green Acres
Originally uploaded by j.mo.
Corn Maze = Good Ole Fashion Fun. There were cows, chickens, baby goats, hayrides, and pumpkins. My trip to the “punkin patch” was very successful. I, with the help of Christie Ritchie, located the Jennifer Aniston of pumpkins. It has a very nice, light complexion and is very smooth. I also located the Brad Pitt of pumpkin - nice shape, and a little rough around the edges. As long as there is no Angelina Jolie of the pumpkin patch, I should be just fine.

My trip to the Corn Maze yielded much more than just some very pretty pumpkins and a lot of fun. It revealed that I have MPD. (Multiple Personality Disorder for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake.) I have decided that I am the Jekyll & Hyde of living locale.

It is no secret that I have a freakish obsession with city life. I have pictures of New York City on my wall in my office. I love the idea of an urban environment where I don’t need my car and I can live in a very small, expensive apartment. I love the city.

However, I love the country too. I love hunting, fishing, and camping. I love taking walks on fall evenings when it’s cold enough to not worry about snakes, yet warm enough to appreciate the leaves and the rest of nature. I love farm animals and I think cows are cute. (I know it’s weird, so just remember my previous post about normalcy.) There is something magical about eating chili outside on Friday night, when you are getting ready to go hunting on Saturday morning. Some of my best memories of my childhood come from growing up on a farm.

Somehow, I seem to be able to sing the entire Green Acres theme song, and only be in opposition to myself. Fresh Air…Times Square…I want them both. For now, I will relish my pseudo-city life while trying to find time to carve my Brad Pitt pumpkin.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Pelagius said…

    Mmmmm... I can only kind of agree with you. There are definitely cool things about city life, and if push came to shove I could live in a city for the rest of my life (I think). But if I had to choose for myself, I'm pretty sure I'd take a home off in the mountains. Luckily, there are some cities (Boulder, Colorado, jumps immediately to mind...) where you can have both!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said…

    Colorado here we come!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home