say hello, wave goodbye

Thursday, November 03, 2005

did you ever know that you're my hero?

I was going to try to get Casey Kasem to do my long distance dedication this morning, but apparently trying to get a celebrity’s home phone number is considered some form of stalking or something…who knew?

(To those of you who are reading this in a place where you can listen to music, I strongly urge you to begin playing Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" before you continue reading, so that you can gain the full effect of today's long distance dedication.)

There are several recipients of today’s not-so-long distance dedication.

1. The AWESOME teens of the Fairfax Student Ministry – They are pumped about PowerHouse and willing to help make it happen! FSM rocks my face off.

2. Shayna & Carl Willis – The shout out goes to Carl for reminding me that, contrary to popular belief, you cannot record audio with a still camera. Shayna is my hero for figuring out the video camera and helping me record some stuff for PowerHouse!

3. Everyone who is volunteering for PowerHouse – My job is fun because I am not the one moving tables or designing decorations. I get to help, but I mainly get to spend time with the aforementioned teens.

4. My small group – I know I crushed your hopes and dreams of ever being the holy grail of NoVa, but you guys really are special. Without you, I never would have found the record store.


Disclaimer: The views and opinions of the author expressed on this blog do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Government, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Seriously, the list is not in any order, and if you didn’t get a shout out it doesn’t mean you don’t rock my face off.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Shayna Willis said…

    A shout-out from my face-rocker! This week just keeps getting better and better . . . :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home