say hello, wave goodbye

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

spin the black circle

I have officially accomplished everything on my post-PowerHouse to-do list. There was actually only one thing on the list…but I did it! This past Sunday night our small group did not meet, which was the perfect opportunity to go record shopping.

I went to Orpheus, which is on Wilson across the street from the Clarendon metro stop. The record selection there was excellent, and the guy the working was knowledgeable and nice. I probably spent more money than I should have, but I don’t care. Their biggest selection is jazz, but they were not lacking in rock or new stuff. I even found the Kaiser Chiefs album on vinyl (I didn’t buy it, but it’s still way cool).

The bounty from Sunday:

Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Tutu – Miles Davis
The Unique – Thelonious Monk
Miles Davis (2 LP set)
Live at the Village Vanguard Again! – John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk (2 LP set)
The Stranger – Billy Joel

Vinyl rocks my face off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home